Monday, July 6, 2009

Preliminary Thoughts

So, I'm at the beginning of my third trip here. This week I'm in Corozal, which is far northern Belize. I'm leading in a village named Libertad. Completely non-coincidentally, my church, Liberty, is here this week. This trip is a lot different than others simply because it doesn't involve construction. It's all purely relational ministry. That being said, I sense that it's going to be an intense week. According to the pastor's wife in Libertad, it's a rough village, very poor. Drug use, alcohol use. Last night we held a church service in the village and man, the Spirit was there. I know...I know without a doubt that God wants to move this week. The village just feels dark. And we've got light. Last night during the service, people in the village just started gathering. As I stood in the back of the church (which is actually just a tarp...) I had this snapshot vision of what it was like when Jesus was just in homes talking with the disciples, and people started to come. I feel like Jesus had parts of his ministry that were holistic, dealing with the physical needs of people, but then other times it was about healing them spiritually, emotionally...I feel like that's our ministry this week. Pray for strength, and that we would all be in tune with the Spirit!

1 comment:

  1. Hey most awesome woman of God and my niece to boot, just a word to let you know we're praying for you here! Sounds like your time away has been amazing thus far; everyday I look for updates to your blog and excited to hear all that God is doing. A great word from another brother in Christ most recently exhorted me to watch closely and listen intently. God's actions can sometimes be very subtle and His voice very small. Be attentive to everything that's happening around you because He is within and around all that you're doing. He's got you covered and the work you're doing covered. What an amazing comfort and source of strength to be drawn from that truth. Love Ya and Miss Ya! Aunt Debbie and Uncle B

    ReplyDelete