Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Service.

"Learn the lesson that, if you are to do the work of a prophet, what you need is not a sceptor but a hoe." -Bernard of Clairvaux

I am learning so much. It's kind of hard to process all of my thoughts. Before I came here, I really prayed and asked God to stretch me. I want to be made into the image of Christ and to live out God's love with every breath. I And he is definitely being faithful to answer my prayer. I am learning that I must rely on him more and more. And that to love means to serve and to labor. This week we are re-roofing a church, doing a VBS with the kids of Belize City, and clearning debris (hardcore!) from a yard behind the church where the pastor's house will be built.

I forgot how much I loved Belize city. Belize city is rough. But that's how it should be. The kids are loud, they're crazy, the push you, they test you. But every time they push me, the also love me. For everytime they disobey, they are forgiven. For everytime they cheat, they learn something. God redeems what we don't see a lot of value in. Putting on God's eyes is hard, because you see pain, but amazing because you see the way that God wants to redeem people and situations.

God is a God who redeems. He has redeemed me. But he redeems us for himself. For service.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog entries! Write as much as you can! I love you and pray for you daily. ~mom

    ReplyDelete