Monday, June 8, 2009

Ten Days To Go!


Welcome to my Belizean Blog! For those of you who don't know, I'll be interning with Praying Pelican Missions (check 'em out at http://www.prayingpelicanmissions.org/) for the summer in the beautiful Central American country of Belize. While Belize is a beautiful country attracting many tourists, it is also poverty stricken. I found kids without shoes, homes steeped in their own waste, people living in conditions unfathomable to the American mind. These people I found were created by a living and loving God, in his own image. They bear a stamp that says that they are valuable to God, so valuable that God himself took on human flesh to die for them. If this is their value to God--if this is my value to God--then these fellow human beings are of immense value to myself.

Injustice in the world is easy to ignore. Unless of course, you have met Jesus. If this is the case, passion for his name, love for people, and compassion towards suffering is impossible to shake. These things become the rhythm of your life. They are becoming the rhythm of mine. I invite you to learn with me as I learn from God while serving him and the people of Belize this summer.

"The opposite of faith is not heresy, but indifference."



With His Love,
Hannah*

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you every day! You are in His Hands and you have always been! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, I look forward to hearing about your experiences this summer. Will be praying for you. Carol (MK library)

    ReplyDelete